Enlarged pores often appear on the forehead, nose and chin. They spoil your appearance and can prompt you to apply a copious layer of powder and foundation. But it’s better to deal with this problem in other ways.
The most common reason for their appearance is excessive activity in the sebaceous glands. With a fatty skin type, a large amount of sebum is released. As a result, the pores are enlarged. If we don’t pay attention to this problem in good time, we may get acne.
Bright Side* collected natural recipes that can help you to unclog different types of pores and forget about using foundation.
The fatty skin type isn’t the only cause of enlarged pores. There are a lot of reasons for the appearance of this problem: dehydration, insufficient purification, and poor-quality decorative cosmetics. Also, in hot weather, under the influence of UV rays, the pores expand, and sweating increases.
Consuming a large number of sweets, fatty, salty and spicy foods, and foods containing preservatives and flavor enhancers also has a bad effect on the skin. The balance of hormones also affects the skin condition. If there is a violation of the hormonal balance due to pregnancy or other reasons, the pores of the face expand.
Skin needs to breathe, and it must be cleaned daily of dirt, decorative cosmetics and dead skin particles. It’s important to learn how to properly care for the skin on your face.
Firstly, don’t forget about moisturizing and nourishing the skin. Choose a cream for combination and oily skin. Don’t hesitate to ask the in-store specialists what kind of creams can have a cytogenic effect and clog up your pores.
Secondly, drink more water and get lots of sleep. Water prevents your skin from becoming dehydrated, and sleep affects our hormonal balance.
Thirdly, clean your skin well.
Now, let’s focus on the natural recipes available for different types of pores.
To get rid of this problem, there are different ways to narrow the pores on the face. Let’s look at the basic options for solving the problem of enlarged pores:
- Make ice cubes from mineral water. Wipe your face with these cubes every morning and evening, carefully massaging the problem areas.
- Use a clay mask every 3 days. Clay has a bactericidal and toning effect on your skin. Give preference to white and blue clay, which narrow the pores and remove the greasy sheen. The recipe is very simple: dilute a tablespoon of clay in warm water; the consistency should be thick. Apply the mask in a thick layer and wash it off with warm water after 15 minutes.
- Applying a mask made of egg white will also help you get rid of the problem of dilated pores. Whisk one egg white with two teaspoons of lemon juice. Apply a thin layer and lie down. When the mixture is completely dry, wash it off with warm water. Don’t worry that during the hardening process, the mask will tighten over your face!
If you have sagging pores, incorporate the following into your everyday ritual, following your masks:
- A spoonful of aloe juice mixed with whipped egg whites. The mask helps to narrow the pores and removes the shine from the oily skin.
- Two tablespoons of potato starch mixed with half of a pureed green apples. The mask allows you to remove blackheads and reduce the appearance of age spots and freckles.
- Add two spoons of oatmeal or cornflour to whisked egg white. This mixture is suitable for mature skin and makes the porous face perfectly smooth and nourished with all the necessary trace elements.
If your pores have blackheads, then that means they’re already sufficiently clogged. To get rid of this problem, add the following recipes to your routine with ice cubes and masks made of clay or egg white (masks should be alternated):
- Mix 3 tablespoons of honey with 1 spoonful of cinnamon powder. Because of the finely ground nature of the spice, the scrub is perfectly suitable for gentle skin peeling. Massage the face for a few minutes having first washed it with warm water to open the pores.
- Mix the milk with gelatin in equal proportions and heat in a water bath or in a microwave until the latter dissolves. Apply the solution to your face with a brush or your hands. To make it easier to remove after the mask, add one or two more layers when the first one dries. After 20-25 minutes, begin to peel off the dried mask from your face. If you have tender skin and this process is too painful for you, rinse the mask with warm water. Afterward, use a soothing moisturizer.
- Use special strips for the nose. You can buy them at the pharmacy and the supermarket, or in an online store — for example, here.
- Apply a facial scrub with yogurt and salt. Take 4 tablespoons of plain yogurt, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of honey. Mix the yogurt and salt together. Stirring must be done very carefully until the salt dissolves completely. Then add the lemon juice and honey. Once again, mix everything thoroughly. Apply the scrub to your face with massaging movements. In the T-zone area, add a few additional layers and carefully rub the mixture over the skin. Wash off after 10 minutes with warm water.
Don’t pick or try to squeeze whiteheads, as this can lead to irritation, infection and the appearance of pimples or scarring.
Treatment at home can be done in the following way:
- Salicylic acid helps kill bacteria on the surface of the skin. However, instead of cleansing the pores, salicylic acid slows the exfoliation of skin cells in the hair follicles, preventing clogging of the pores. It can be bought in the form of an ointment or in a liquid form. This remedy can also irritate the skin, so apply it directly to the pimples and avoid contact with the surrounding skin.
- After a bath or a hot shower, when your skin is steamed, carefully apply tea tree oil to the white pores with a cotton swab.
Acne scar pores
To get rid of this kind of problem with your pores, aside from all of the above tips, do this:
- Touch your face with your hands as little as possible. Get out of the habit of propping your hand on your chin and rubbing your eyes, forehead, etc. Each touch is an extra portion of bacteria and an additional trauma to the already sensitive skin.
- It can be useful to regularly do steam baths and use lotions, decoctions of marigold, and chamomile. For lotions, you can cut out a mask, folded into several layers, moisten it in a warm fresh broth and apply it to your face before going to bed.
- Herbal decoctions from the leaves of birch trees or nettles and the root of burdock or dandelion will have a beneficial effect on your metabolism, besides having an anti-inflammatory effect.
- When it comes to an average or severe degree of acne, it’s better not to experiment, and instead to seek help from a doctor. Moreover, persistent and profuse acne can be a sign of internal diseases and disorders.
- Never try to squeeze out inflamed, purulent acne. Especially in the nasolabial triangle. The nature of the blood supply to this area is such that, if you squeeze too roughly, the purulent contents of the gland can easily enter the bloodstream, and then the brain.
*Article Source: BrightSide